Centek Gen-Kleen Systems
The Gen-Kleen system is a pollution-control technology for marine generator sets. Gen-Kleen integrates with your generators wet exhaust system to remove hydrocarbon pollution from the exhaust water before it is returned to the natural environment.
Gen-Kleen removes hydrocarbon pollutants including sheen, soot, and unspent gasoline and diesel fuels.
Why use Gen-Kleen?
- Comply with existing and upcoming marina and port mandates regulating unsightly generator discharge.
- Enjoy a sheen-free setting for swimming, diving, and fishing.
- Keep the hull of the boat clean of soot deposits during generator use.
- Be ecologically responsive to the sensitive marine environment.
How does it work?
The Gen-Kleen system begins by separating the raw cooling water from the exhaust gases. While the dry exhaust gases are vented to atmosphere, the raw cooling water is scrubbed by a filtration system. The filters are impregnated with a patented formula that binds and captures hydrocarbons while allowing clean water to pass through. Clean water is then returned to the environment.
What are the features?
- To accommodate different engine room layouts, the Gen-Kleen system is offered in two basic models. The Compact Gen-Kleen integrates many of the system components into a single package. The Component Gen-Kleen allows the user to disperse the components throughout the engine compartment as space allows.
- The Gen-Kleen system is fail-safe. Functionality of the generator set is never compromised by functionality of the Gen-Kleen system.
- The Gen-Kleen system is built to withstand the harsh marine engine room environment. Its corrosion-resistant design uses only high-temperature fiberglass and 316L stainless steel wetted parts.
- Filters are easily user-changeable as needed. Filter lifespans vary widely (due to great differences in generator exhaust pollution levels), but typical users report normal lifespans of 100-200 generator hours.
- The Gen-Kleen system includes a selectable bypass mode. Owners may choose to run the system any time the generator is on and discharge only clean water, or, they may choose to run the system only as needed and preserve filter life.
116 Plantation Oak Drive
Thomasville, GA 31792
229.228.7653; toll free: 800.950.7653